Asked by harshilthakkarhhhhhh | 21st May, 2020, 04:37: PM
Option (C) is correct.
Volume of H2 = 12 L
= 0.54 mol
Volume of Cl2 = 11.2 L
= 0.5 mol
The reaction is
H2 + Cl2 → 2HCl
1 1 2
1 mole of H2 combines with 1 mol of Cl2 to form 2 mol of HCl
Cl2 is the limiting reagent.
so 0.5 mol of Cl2 will give 1 mol of HCl
1 mol of HCl is 22.4 L of HCl
So, H2 left = 12- 11.2 = 0.8 L
HCl formed will be = 22.4 L
Answered by Varsha | 22nd May, 2020, 06:09: PM
- what is mole
- In a reaction of magnesium with HCl if 2.24 litre of H2 is obtained at STP the mass of the other product will be what
- 5g of marble was added to 100 c.c of 0.2 M HCl. What volume of CO2 measured at STP will be evolved in the above reaction
- an organic compound an analysis : c=65%, h=3.5% n = 9.6% and o= 21.9% 0.3675 gm of the
- The hydrated salt na2so4 nh20 under goes 55% loss in weight on heating and become anhydrous.the value of small n? will
- 25ml of a solution containing HCl was treated with excess of M/5 KIO3 and KI solution of unknown concentration where I2 liberated is titrated against a standard solution of 0.021M Na2S2O3 solution whose 24ml were used up. Find the strength of HCl and volume of KIO3 solution consumed.
- carbon react with chlorine to form ccl4 .36gm of carbon was mixed with 142gmof ccl2.calculate mass of ccl4 produce and remaining mass of reactant
- Phosphorus pentachloride decomposes according to this equation. PCl5(g) equilibrium reaction arrow PCl3(g) + Cl2(g) An equilibrium mixture in a 5.00 L flask at 245°C contains 4.27 g of PCl5, 9.31 g of PCl3, and 2.86 g of Cl2. How many grams of each will be found if the mixture is transferred into a 2.00 L flask at the same temperature.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number