Explain functional group with examples.
Asked by jaiswalsindhuli717 | 12th Nov, 2018, 08:18: PM
All organic compounds are derivatives of hydrocarbons.
The derivatives are obtained by replacing one or more hydrogen atoms with some other atom or a group
The new set of compounds formed after replacement has functions different from the parent hydrocarbon.
An atom or a group of atoms present in the molecules, which determines the characteristics property of the organic compounds, is called the functional group.
Answered by Varsha | 13th Nov, 2018, 10:04: AM
- what is nomenclature
- People _____________ waste their food. 1)Shalln't 2)shouldn't 3)Mustn't 4)couldn't
- please tell the IUPAC names
- What is bone black in simple ?
- i want clarity on naming isomers as it has not been specified in the video
- How to know the number of isomers present in an organic compound ?
- how we give IUPAC name to compounds
- How can we know the number of isomers present in an organic compound?
- Give structure of Potassium acetate, ethyl acetate, dimethyl ethyl amine and N,N-dimethylacetamide.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number