Assertion : Sugar molecules are moving from left to right side. Reason : Water molecules can’t pass through semi permeable membrane.
Asked by msambyal307 | 30th May, 2021, 02:03: PM
Molecules, like sugars, reach the carrier proteins in the membrane by diffusion and are then moved across the membrane from a region of high concentration to a region of low concentration. For example, if a cell is placed in a sugar solution the sugar molecules will diffuse and make contact with the carrier proteins located in the membrane.
Water moves across cell membranes by diffusion, in a process known as osmosis. Osmosis refers specifically to the movement of water across a semipermeable membrane, with the solvent (water, for example) moving from an area of low solute (dissolved material) concentration to an area of high solute concentration.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 1st Jun, 2021, 12:22: PM
- Assertion : Sugar molecules are moving from left to right side. Reason : Water molecules can’t pass through semi permeable membrane.
- How like dissolves like?
- At what partial pressure oxygen will have a solubility of 0.06 gram per litre in water at 293 Kelvin Henry's law constant of oxygen in water at 303 kelvin is 46.82 k bar assume the density of the solution to the same as that of water
- how many ml of 0.1M HCL are required to react completely with 1g mixture of and NaHCO3 containing equimolar amounts of both?
- what is volatile and non volatile solute . also explain the importance of both and uses
- Assertion :- CaCl2, CaSO4, Ca(HSO4)2 & Ca(OH)2 will cause hardness in water. Reason :- All soluble salts of Ca+2 and Mg+2 cause hardness.
- Define solubility.
- State the factors on which solubility depends.
- What is dissolution? How is it different with crystallization?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number