after tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for 4 different values of the angle of incidence , a student reported his observations.
S. no. angle i angle r angle e
1 30* 19* 29*
2 40* 28* 40*
3 50* 36* 50*
4 60* 40* 59*
which is the best observation?
Asked by mrinalini mrinalini | 26th Feb, 2015, 08:56: PM
For best results, the following conditions must be satisfied:
1. The angle of incidence must be nearly equal to the angle of emergence.
2. The angle of refraction must be less than the angle the incidence.
Out of the 4 observations, the first observation, that is angle i = 30° ; angle r = 19° and angle e = 29° is the correct observation.
In this case,
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 11th Dec, 2017, 07:07: PM
- define the term dispersion of white light. name the colour of light which bends the most.
- 1.A student observes below phenomenon in the lab as a white light passes through a prism. Among many other colors, he observed the position of two colors: red and violet. (A)What is the phenomenon called? (B)What is the reason for violet light to bent more than the red light? (Ref to: image 1) 2 points Add File
- explain. why angle of incidence= Angle of emergence ?
- Why light rays do not bend or refract when they meet the glass slab perpendicularly? (Pls ans theoratically and dont say it is bcs i is 0)
- please explain refraction through glass slab
- explain why pool of water apper to be less dept then its actually is with diagram
- sir. What happens when incident ray falls on the surface of a glass slab? what is angle of incident and angle of refraction? Draw the diagram in this case?
- what happens when a red light passes through a prism?
- what is angle of deviation?
- , glass prism is able to produce a spectrum when white light passes through it but a rectangular block of same transparent glass does not produce any spectrum why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number