after tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for 4 different values of the angle of incidence , a student reported his observations.
S. no. angle i angle r angle e
1 30* 19* 29*
2 40* 28* 40*
3 50* 36* 50*
4 60* 40* 59*
which is the best observation?
Asked by mrinalini mrinalini | 26th Feb, 2015, 08:56: PM
For best results, the following conditions must be satisfied:
1. The angle of incidence must be nearly equal to the angle of emergence.
2. The angle of refraction must be less than the angle the incidence.
Out of the 4 observations, the first observation, that is angle i = 30° ; angle r = 19° and angle e = 29° is the correct observation.
In this case,
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 11th Dec, 2017, 07:07: PM
- Draw a ray diagram showing refraction of light through a rectangular glass slab
- At night it is difficult to see through a closed glass-window from inside of an illuminated room. But this becomes relatively easy if the lights in the room are switched off. – Why?
- The refractive index of diamond is much greater than that of glass. How does a diamond cutter make use of this fact?
- During refraction of light on which side does the light bends while changing the medium ?
- Why refraction takes place through prism not through glass slab
- Draw and explain the dispersion of white light through a prism. Also, comment on the deviation, wavelength, frequency and speeds of the dispersed light.
- What is lateral displacement
- Prove that sin I=sin e in a glass slab
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number