a child's father pushes the swing to increases the speed of the spring.why?
Asked by akhileshwar30 | 22nd Feb, 2019, 07:05: PM
When the force is applied on the swing it will move back and forth through the chain which is attached to a fixed support. But the amplitude of the swing will goes on decreasing after sometime. Because, the friction between air and swing and the chain and its fixed support will slow down the motion of the swing and will eventually come to rest. So, there must be external force acting on the swing so as to keep the swing in motion.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 23rd Feb, 2019, 12:42: PM
- WHY DOES A BALL MOVING ON THE GROUND EVENTUALLY COME TO REST?
- what is friction
- is fiction and kinetic friction
- what is kinetic friction
- What is friction?
- Friction chapter totally confused
- what is friction?
- A machine with moving from parts will become less hot while if it is well lubricated. True or false
- sliding friction is _________ than the static friction
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number