1. Why does Sc have only +3 Oxidation State?
Asked by Navya Benny | 16th Dec, 2015, 02:50: PM
The electronic configuration of Scandium is [Ar]3d14s2.
By the loss of one 3d electron and two 4s electrons, Sc can achieve stable inert gas electronic configuration.
Hence, Sc show only +3 oxidation state.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 17th Dec, 2015, 09:22: AM
- pls solve
- i need easy notes for chapter group 18 and d block of class 12
- Why are zinc,cadmium,mercury not considered in transition elements?
- Write down the three series of the transition metals.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Mn.
- Give the names of two series of inner transition metals.
- Define transition elements.
- Why the d-block elements are called transition elements?
- Why the 4s orbitals fill prior to 3d orbitals?
- Silver atom has completely filled d orbitals (4d10) in its ground state. How can you say that it is a transition element?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number