CBSE Class 9 Physics Reflection Of Sound
- Sunil is standing between two walls.the wall closest to him is at a distance of 360 m. if he shouts , he hears the first echo after 4s and another 2 second . What is the veocity of sound in air ? What is the distance between the two walls
- Name few instruments which are based on multiple reflection of sound?
- What is an echo?
- What is reverberation?
- How can we minimize reverberation in community hall to hear clear sound?
- Why ceilings of concert halls and conference halls are made curved?
- Show that the reflector must be situated at a least distance from the observer for formation of distinct echo. What is the value of this distance at room temperature?
- Distinguish between echo and reverberation of sound?
- Does the sound of an exploded cracker in air travel faster than the sound produced by a humming bee? Why?
- (i) A SONAR station picks up a return signal after 3 seconds. How far away is the object? (Speed of sound in water is 1440 m/s) (ii) How can reverberations in a big hall or auditorium be reduced?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number