CBSE Class 8 Science Harvesting And Post Harvesting Practices
- Are wheat grains stored in the gunny bags living? why or why not?
- if pesticides kill insects and pests, don't they harm the crop plants too?
- What precautions should be taken by farmers while spraying weedicides and why?
- What is the importance of threshing?
- (i) A farmer has carried out the harvest of his crop. He now wants to store these grains for a month before selling them to an appropriate buyer. What steps should he take for this?(ii) How the lowering of temperature helps in increasing the shelf-life of food?
- How are grains stored in gunny bags or bins?
- How the lowering of temperature helps in increasing the shelf-life of food?
- (i) Answer the following: a. Structures in which large scale storage of grains are done. b. Process of separating grain seeds from chaff. c. Chemicals used to control weeds.(ii) What is the importance of threshing?
- Why is the harvest season celebrated in different parts of India?
- (i) How do weeds affect the crops grown in fields?(ii) What is combine? What is its use?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number