CBSE Class 12-science Biology Microbes: Household Products, Industrial Products And Sewage Treatment
- why is sewage treatment significant in India
- Milk begins to coagulate when lactic acid bacteria (LAB) are added to warm milk as a starter. Mention any other two benefits that LAB provide.
- Which bacterium is involved in the production of Swiss cheese? What is its role?
- Name a microbe used for statin production. How do statins lower blood cholesterol level?
- Name the enzyme produced by Streptococcus bacterium. Explain its importance in medical sciences.
- Fill in the blank spaces a, b, c and d in the table given below: Type of microbe Name Commercial product Fungus a Penicillin Bacterium Acetobacter aceti b c Aspergillus niger Citric acid Yeast d Ethanol
- State any three properties of antibiotics.
- Explain in brief about the Yamuna Action Plan.
- Explain the process of curd formation from milk. (i) Complete the flowchart. (ii) Expand the word LAB. (iii) Explain the role of LAB in human body.
- Name any three enzymes used in industry and state their significance.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number