CBSE Class 11-science - Word Problems : Linear Inequalities Videos
Problem solving in linear inequalities
Solve word problems on linear inequalities & quadratic inequalities. Represent the solution graphically.
- The length of a rectangle is 5 more than the 2 times of its breadth. If the perimeter of the rectangle is at least 640 cm. Find the minimum value of its breadth.
- In a game, a person wins if he gets the sum greater than 20 in four throws of a die. In three throws he got numbers 6, 5, 4. What should be his fourth throw, so that he wins the game?
- Solve graphically the system of Linear Inequations:
- A shopkeeper’s selling price of his product is five times of the cost price. Find his minimum Cost Price, if his profit is atleast Rs 300.
- Find all pairs of consecutive odd positive integers, both of which are greater than 15, such that their sum is less than 50.
- The water acidity in a pool is considered normal when the average pH reading of three daily measurements is between 9.2 and 9.8. If first two pH readings are 9.48 and 9.85, find the range of pH value for the third reading that will result in the acidity level being normal.
- IQ of a person is given by the formula , where M A is mental age and CA is chronological age. If for a group of 15-year children, find the range of their mental age.
- Solve graphically the system of linear inequations:
- How many litres of water will have to be added to 1150 liters of the 50% solution of acid so that the resulting mixture will contain more than 30% but less than 35% acid content?
- A company manufactures cassettes and its cost equation for a week is C = 300 + 1.5x and its revenue equation is R = 2x, where x is the number of cassettes sold in a week. How many cassettes must be sold for the company to realize a profit?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.