CBSE Class 11-science - Alkali and Alkaline Metal Compounds Videos
The s-Block Elements
This video explains then comparison between oxides and hydroxides of alkali metals and alkaline earth metals.
- what is alkaline metals
- The basic character of Oxides and Hydroxides of Alkali and alkaline earth metal
- Is lithium and magnesium forms bicarbonates? If yes then which is more stable in them and which is more soluble in water?
- What are alkali metals? Give the name of the elements.
- What are the alkaline earth metals?
- How do the alkali and alkaline earth metals react with oxygen?
- Why the hydroxides of alkali and alkaline earth metals are basic in nature? Explain the periodicity of these hydroxides.
- Why Sr(OH)2 and Ba(OH)2 are soluble in water whereas Be(OH)2 and Mg(OH)2 are almost insoluble in water?
- What is electropositive character? Why alkali metals form only monovalent ions?
- What is photoelectric effect?