CBSE Class 10 Maths Constructions
The scale factor of the triangle to be constructed with respect to the original one is given by the ratio of
If the scale factor is less than one, then the new triangle is
If the scale factor is more than one, then the new triangle is
- Draw a triangle ABC with sides BC= 6cm, AB= 5cm, and angle ABC =60. Then construct a triangle whose sides are 3/4 of the corresponding sides of the triangle ABC.
- Construct a triangle of sides 4,5,6cm and then a triangle similar to it whose sides are 2/3 of the corresponding sides of the first triangle
- Construct a Δ ABC in which AB = 6 cm, ∠A = 30° and ∠B = 60°, Construct another ΔAB’C’ similar to ΔABC with base AB’ = 8 cm.
- Draw a line segment AB = 6 cm. Divide it externally in the ratio 3: 5
- Draw a line segment AB = 6 cm. Divide it externally in the ratio 5: 3. Justify the construction.
- Divide a line segment of length 7 cm into three parts in the proportion 2: 3: 4.
- Divide a line segment of length 9 cm internally in the ratio 4: 3. Also, give the justification.
- Divide a line segment of length 8 cm in the ratio 3:2.
- Construct a right angled triangle whose hypotenuse measures 6cm and the length of one of whose sides containing the right angle is 4 cm.
- Construct a triangle similar to a given triangle ABC such that each of its sides is two thirds of the corresponding sides of triangle ABC. It is given that BC= 6 cm, angle B = 50oand angle C = 60o.
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.