CBSE Class 10 Chemistry Acids, Bases and Salts
Which of the following species is commonly found in acids?
Which of the following is responsible for the working of olfactory indicators?
What do you see when vanilla extract is added to a base?
- 1.A farmer has grown the petunia flowers on his field. He observed that the colour of the flowers started changing from blue to reddish purple. • What could be the possible reason for the change in colour? ⚫ What role is played by petunia flowers? • Suggest any two substances playing the same role in the field of agriculture. • What should be added by the farmer to treat the soil? What type of reaction will take place during treatment of soil? 2. A metal X reacts with HCI to liberate gas A but its compound Y releases gas B with HCI along with the salt CaCl,. Name the metal X. • Identify gas A and how will you test for it? ⚫ Name the salt Y and give its molecular formula. • Identify gas B and how will you test for it? What type of reaction takes place when X reacts with HCI? 3. A sodium salt 'A' is used while baking a cake. It makes the cake fluffy and spongy due to the release of gas 'B'. Identify salt 'A'. ⚫ What is the common name of this salt? ⚫ Which gas is released during the process? • How will you test for gas 'B'? 4. Anita's mother asked her to store the pickle in some bowl. She kept the pickle in a brass bowl. Was she right in doing that? Why or why not?
- reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- what precautions will take in experiment diluting acid
- give a way to predict the parent acid and parent base of any salt, respond soon,
- Is potassium iodide aqueous
- what happens to acids and bases in water solutions
- In the following questions (13-16), a statement of assertion followed by a statement of reason is given. Choose the correct answer out of the following choices. a) Assertion and reason both are correct statements and reason is correct explanation for assertion. b) Assertion and reason both are correct statements but reason is not correct explanation for assertion. c) Assertion is correct statement but reason is wrong statement. d) Assertion is wrong statement but reason is correct statement. a. Assertion: When zinc granules are added to dilute hydrochloric acid effervescence occurs. Reason: Formation of CO2 gas is the cause of effervescence.
what are acid and base according to Arrhenius definition
- 10 ml of 0.01 M HCL is mixed with 40 ml of 0.01 M HCL. The pH of resulting solution is
- Among the following given substances, which ones when added to sulphuric acid solution can increase its pH to 7? A- Antacid B- Water C- Baking soda D- Glass cleaner
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.