In the following questions (13-16), a statement of assertion followed by a statement of
reason is given. Choose the correct answer out of the following choices. a) Assertion
and reason both are correct statements and reason is correct explanation for
assertion. b) Assertion and reason both are correct statements but reason is not
correct explanation for assertion. c) Assertion is correct statement but reason is wrong
statement. d) Assertion is wrong statement but reason is correct statement.
a. Assertion: When zinc granules are added to dilute hydrochloric acid effervescence
Reason: Formation of CO2 gas is the cause of effervescence.
Asked by palakkothari46 | 22nd Jun, 2021, 11:58: AM
When hydrochloric acid reacts with zinc than it forms Zinc chloride and releases hydrogen gas.
Chemical equation for this-
This efferevescence is caused by hydrogen gas. It is not caused by CO2 .
So, Correct option is (c). Assertion is correct statement but reason is wrong.
Answered by Ravi | 23rd Jun, 2021, 11:06: AM
- reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- what precautions will take in experiment diluting acid
- give a way to predict the parent acid and parent base of any salt, respond soon,
- Is potassium iodide aqueous
- what happens to acids and bases in water solutions
- what are acid and base according to Arrhenius definition
- 10 ml of 0.01 M HCL is mixed with 40 ml of 0.01 M HCL. The pH of resulting solution is
- Among the following given substances, which ones when added to sulphuric acid solution can increase its pH to 7? A- Antacid B- Water C- Baking soda D- Glass cleaner
- Solve it
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number