give a way to predict the parent acid and parent base of any salt, respond soon,
Asked by Trisha Gupta | 23rd Nov, 2021, 12:29: AM
Acid is a substance which releases H+ ion and base is a substance which releases OH- ion.
So you have to look at any compound, and if it is made up by the reaction oif neutralisation(Acid+Base) then-
(1) You have to separate cation and anion.
(2) Add OH at the end of cation according to valency than you will find out parent base.
(3) Add H ion before anion according to valency then you will find out parent acid.
So, for example compound is NaCl
Caion- Na, Anion-Cl
Valency is 1, 1 for both
Now we will add 1, 1 OH and H respectively
So, Parent Acid- HCl Parent Base-NaOH
Answered by Ravi | 23rd Nov, 2021, 04:25: PM
- what precautions will take in experiment diluting acid
- Is potassium iodide aqueous
- what happens to acids and bases in water solutions
- In the following questions (13-16), a statement of assertion followed by a statement of reason is given. Choose the correct answer out of the following choices. a) Assertion and reason both are correct statements and reason is correct explanation for assertion. b) Assertion and reason both are correct statements but reason is not correct explanation for assertion. c) Assertion is correct statement but reason is wrong statement. d) Assertion is wrong statement but reason is correct statement. a. Assertion: When zinc granules are added to dilute hydrochloric acid effervescence occurs. Reason: Formation of CO2 gas is the cause of effervescence.
- what are acid and base according to Arrhenius definition
- 10 ml of 0.01 M HCL is mixed with 40 ml of 0.01 M HCL. The pH of resulting solution is
- Among the following given substances, which ones when added to sulphuric acid solution can increase its pH to 7? A- Antacid B- Water C- Baking soda D- Glass cleaner
- Solve it
- How to understand the water is realising h+ions or oh ions when base or acid is added to water By seeing the water with naked eyes
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number