Sports to become compulsory subject in schools soon
Central government in talks to link class promotion and sports.
Soon students will have to score in Sports to get promoted to the next class! If all goes according to the plan, the Central government is seriously considering making Sports a compulsory subject. This idea has already been pitched to the Parliament.
The government wants to establish a blooming sporting culture among youngsters of the country. Marks will be allocated for sports performances, physical fitness, and for participation in school tournaments.
If the change comes into place, students will have to secure minimum marks in Sports in order to move to the next class. If adopted, Sports will be a scoring subject across 36 states and union territories, which have approximately 14.5 lakh schools.
MORE from Sports
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project