Please wait...
1800-212-7858 (Toll Free)
9:00am - 8:00pm IST all days

or

Thanks, You will receive a call shortly.
Customer Support

You are very important to us

For any content/service related issues please contact on this toll free number

022-62211530

Mon to Sat - 11 AM to 8 PM

NEET: Bombay High Court will not interfere with Maharashtra Government’s reservation rules for students

Education

NEET: Bombay High Court will not interfere with Maharashtra Government’s reservation rules for students

State to carry out admissions based on NEET results.

By Admin 22nd Sep, 2016 05:08 pm

The Bombay High Court recently made it very clear that it will not interfere with state rules providing reservation for local students. This is a landmark move for bewildered students as this had been challenged by private-unaided colleges and minority institutes for MBBS and BDS courses.

According to the government, the state domicile rules are required to protect the interest of students from Maharashtra who cannot seek admissions in other states due to the same rules in other states.

However, despite the High Court’s stance on the issue, the State will carry out admissions under National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). It will finalise and publish the selection list based on 85 per cent state domicile criterion. This list had been deferred by the court till it gave orders in the matter. The state has also made it clear that the remaining 15 percent is institutional quota not NRI quota.

The court, however, pointed out that granting any interim relief might delay the admission process which has to be completed by September 30, according to Supreme Court orders.

Also read:

All You Need to Know About NEET

Seven Tips to Prepare for NEET

Chat with us on WhatsApp