Date for IIT JEE Advanced 2017 announced!
JAB lowers cut-off for aggregate class XII marks for SC and ST candidates.
IIT Madras has announced that the JEE 2017 exam will be held on May 21, 2017. SC and ST candidates are likely to benefit from the Joint Admission Board (JAB), held at IIT Madras, as it is being considered that the cut-off for the aggregate marks in Class 12 for SC and ST candidates will be brought down from 70 per cent to 65 per cent.
As per the new guideline from the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, OBC-NCL certificates issued after April 1, 2017 will be considered valid for JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Candidates from foreign countries will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) and get admission in various IITs.
20,000 more candidates will be eligible to appear for the JEE (Advanced) after clearing JEE (Main). This would make the total number of candidates appearing around 2.2 lakhs.
Short video tutorial and SMS services are expected to be introduced to take care of admission related hassles, fees payment, result announcement, choice filling etc,.
Much to the relief of students, no changes have been made in the exam pattern for the upcoming academic session so far.
The previous IIT JEE Advanced was conducted by IIT Guwahati and was held on May 22, 2016.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi