write the formula and describe the structure of anoble gas species which is isostructural with
assing reasons for the following
sf6 is kinetically inert
nf3 is an exothermic compound whereas ncl3 is not
hcl is a stronger acid than hf through fluorine is more electronegative than chlorine
Asked by mahamood.iphone | 3rd Jan, 2016, 11:17: AM
(i) XeBr2 or XeF2
XeF2 is isoelectronic to IBr2- (2 Bond pairs + 4 lone pairs = 6, sp3d2 occupied with 2 lone pairs) and it has a linear structure.
XeO3 is isostructural to BrO3- (3 Bond pairs + 1 lone pair =4, sp3 occupied by one lone pair) and has a pyramidal molecular structure.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 3rd Jan, 2016, 05:07: PM
- SF6 exist not OF6. Why?
- Pl answer
- The incorrect order of decreasing oxidation number of S in compounds is: H2 S2 O7 > Na2 S4 O6 > Na2 S2 O3 > S8 H2 S O5 > H2 S O3 > S Cl2 > H2 S S O3 > S O2 > S8 > H2 S H2 S O4 > S O2 > H2 S > H2 S2 O8
- Why is SF6 not easily hydrolysed by water ?
- A hydride of gr 16 element is a gas and acts as a reducing agent when reacted with SO2. It has a smell of rotten eggs and is used in qualitative analysis. It forms a black ppt with Ni2+ in basic medium. It also forms a black ppt with lead acetate solution. Identify the gas and write the equations involved.
- The correct order of S—S bond length in following oxyanions is : (I) S2O42– (II) S2O52– (III) S2O6–2
- What are the allotropic forms of sulphur?
- Mention some uses of sulphuric acid.
- Draw the structure of Sulphurous acid.
- How to increase the yield of sulphuric acid in Contact process? Draw the flow chart for the manufacture of sulphuric acid.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number