Write down the most common oxidation state for lanthanoids.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 6th Jun, 2016, 02:19: PM
The most stable oxidation state of Lanthanides is +3.
Answered by | 6th Jun, 2016, 04:19: PM
- Why the separation of actonoids are very difficult
- Why lanthanide show high oxidation state than actinide
- Why do Zr and Hf occur together in nature?
- Write down the number of electrons in 4f, 5d and 6s orbital of Ce in +4 oxidation state.
- Write down the outer electronic configuration of Uranium.
- Why Ce4+ behaves as good oxidising agent although being a stable species?
- What is mischmetall and what is its use?
- Why it is very difficult to study the chemistry of Actinoid?
- Write the electronic configuration of the following elements of lanthanoid and their possible oxidation state other than +3: (a) Eu and (b) Yb.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number