Why the separation of actonoids are very difficult
Asked by asikmostafamondal8 | 2nd May, 2021, 09:08: AM
Separation of actinoids is difficult because-
(1)The actinoids are radioactive elements having relatively short half-lives.
(2) Due tio actinoid contraction, atomic radii of these elements are very small. Hence, their chemical properties are very similar.
Answered by Ravi | 10th May, 2021, 11:15: AM
- Why lanthanide show high oxidation state than actinide
- Why do Zr and Hf occur together in nature?
- Write down the most common oxidation state for lanthanoids.
- Write down the number of electrons in 4f, 5d and 6s orbital of Ce in +4 oxidation state.
- Write down the outer electronic configuration of Uranium.
- Why Ce4+ behaves as good oxidising agent although being a stable species?
- What is mischmetall and what is its use?
- Why it is very difficult to study the chemistry of Actinoid?
- Write the electronic configuration of the following elements of lanthanoid and their possible oxidation state other than +3: (a) Eu and (b) Yb.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number