Why the group 1 elements are called alkali metals?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The hydroxide formed by these metals on reaction with water are strongly alkaline in nature, hence they are called alkali metals.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- While preparing Sodium fusion extract, why is the capillary tube immersed in water and broken when you can just pour it to cool it down?
- why are alkalis used in space shuttles
- wt is parent atom
- which of the alkai metal forms a stable nitride
- Does all alkali metals have plus sign
- A and B are two salts. A with Dil. HCl and B with conc. H2SO4 react to give reddish brown vapours, hence A & B respectively are:
- Is hydration energy topic present in ncert ? And in which chapter is it present???? Tell me..
- why does alkali metal have low ionisation energy
- Give the name of radioactive alkali metal.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number