why is it necessary for acceleration to be based on velocity but not on speed? why we dont consider the increasing speed of rectilinear motion as acceleration? why is it so in the first place?
Asked by kempersi267k | 1st Jul, 2022, 06:36: PM
Speed is scalar quantity . It has only magnitude and no direction .
If you specify direction to speed , then it becomes velocity.
Accelereation is vector . A particular vector quantity is described only in terms of other vector quantities.
A particular vector quantity can not be described by scalar quantities .
Hence Acceleration is described as rate of change of velocity
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 1st Jul, 2022, 07:03: PM
- what is retardation
- True or false: The motion of a freely falling body is an example of uniformly accelerated motion.
- A car increases it’s speed from 36km/h to 54km/h in 2s Find Distance travelled by the car
- A Car with an initial speed of 1 m/sec was in motion for 10 minutes, and then it came to a stop, the velocity right before it stopped was 5 m/sec. What was the constant acceleration of the car?
- A boy travelling in a car at a speed of 108Km/h came to rest after applying breaks. Before coming to rest it covers 30m. It's acceleration is
- A force acts for 10 secs on a stationary body of mass 100kg after which the force ceases to act. The body moves through a distance of 100m in the next 5 secs. Calculate:- i) the velocity acquiured by the body ii) the acceleration producced by the force iii) the magnitude of the force
- use the below v-t graph calculate, (a)the acceleration of the body as it moves from 0 to A (b)the distance covered by the body from o to a c THE acceleration of the body from B TO C
- A train starting from rest attains a velocity of 72 km/hr in 5 minutes. Assuming that the acceleration is uniform find the acceleration. *
- Give one example for each of the type of motion when i) Acceleration is in the direction of motion ii) Acceleration is against the direction of motion iii) Acceleration is uniform
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number