A boy travelling in a car at a speed of 108Km/h came to rest after applying breaks. Before coming to rest it covers 30m. It's acceleration is
Asked by 2103030034 | 28th Aug, 2021, 03:06: PM
Initial speed 108 km/h = 108 × (5/18) = 30 m/s
acceleration is determined from equation of motion
" v2 = u2 + (2aS) "
where v = 0 is final speed because the vehicle comes to rest finally , u = 30 m/s is initial speed ,
a is acceleration and S is distance travelled before coming to rest and after applying break .
Hence we get , acceleration a = - u2 / (2S) = - ( 30 × 30 ) / ( 2 × 30 ) = -15 m/s2
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 28th Aug, 2021, 09:46: PM
- A car increases it’s speed from 36km/h to 54km/h in 2s Find Distance travelled by the car
- A Car with an initial speed of 1 m/sec was in motion for 10 minutes, and then it came to a stop, the velocity right before it stopped was 5 m/sec. What was the constant acceleration of the car?
- A force acts for 10 secs on a stationary body of mass 100kg after which the force ceases to act. The body moves through a distance of 100m in the next 5 secs. Calculate:- i) the velocity acquiured by the body ii) the acceleration producced by the force iii) the magnitude of the force
- use the below v-t graph calculate, (a)the acceleration of the body as it moves from 0 to A (b)the distance covered by the body from o to a c THE acceleration of the body from B TO C
- A train starting from rest attains a velocity of 72 km/hr in 5 minutes. Assuming that the acceleration is uniform find the acceleration. *
- Give one example for each of the type of motion when i) Acceleration is in the direction of motion ii) Acceleration is against the direction of motion iii) Acceleration is uniform
- Acceleration explanation
- when will you say a body is in (i) uniform acceleration (ii) non-uniform acceleration
- 1. Define non-uniform acceleration with an example.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number