why does salt appear yellow in colour when Na vapours are passed over it ?
Asked by bobbyayana | 12th Feb, 2021, 12:10: PM
Electron of Na atom is excited and jumps to higher energy state. Due to electron transition at the excited state of sodium atom, it appears yellow.
Answered by Ravi | 12th Feb, 2021, 09:52: PM
- vacancy defects
- what metal excess defects? explain with example
- Examine the given defective crystal : X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ X+ Y- O Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- Answer the following questions : (a) Is the above defect stoichiometric or non stoichiometric ? (b) Write the term used for this type of defect. (c) Why do silver halides show this type of defect ?
- what is domain in magnatic properties of solids ?
- What are crystal defects.
- Which of the following Frenkel defects or Schottky defects decreases the density of the solid.
- Magnetite is ferrimagnetic on heating what changes are expected.
- Explain dislocation.
- Name two point defects and explain them.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number