Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Dislocations means linear defects which occur when a crystal structure contains misaligned planes of atoms, atoms are ‘dislocated’ from their position in the lattice.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- why does salt appear yellow in colour when Na vapours are passed over it ?
- vacancy defects
- what metal excess defects? explain with example
- Examine the given defective crystal : X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ X+ Y- O Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- Answer the following questions : (a) Is the above defect stoichiometric or non stoichiometric ? (b) Write the term used for this type of defect. (c) Why do silver halides show this type of defect ?
- what is domain in magnatic properties of solids ?
- What are crystal defects.
- Which of the following Frenkel defects or Schottky defects decreases the density of the solid.
- Magnetite is ferrimagnetic on heating what changes are expected.
- Name two point defects and explain them.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number