why does rolling friction create lesser friction compared to the force created while sliding or dragging?
Asked by rakesh.bss | 16th Jul, 2019, 07:41: PM
- When an object rolls over the surface of another object, the resistance to its motion is called rolling friction.
- It easier to roll an object than to slide an object.
- Thus, rolling friction is much less than sliding friction.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 18th Jul, 2019, 11:21: AM
- what is frictional force
- You have to shift a heavy box in the store room.Which method you will use to reduce your effort and why?
- How static friction work ?
- Q. Will force or friction come into play when a rain drop rolls down a glass window plane?
- how static friction is dieefernt than sliding friction?
- 1.Explain four method by which friction between two solids surface in contact can be reduced.
- Why is it difficult to light a matchstick by striking it on a smooth surface?
- Is friction a self adjusting force?
- Name two common lubricants.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number