How static friction work ?
Asked by phatangarebb43 | 5th Oct, 2019, 02:43: PM
Static friction results because of the interaction between the particles of the body present at the microscopic level. The static friction acts between the two bodies which are in contact but not sliding with respect to each other. Magnitude of static friction adjust its value according to the force applied.But this frictional force cannot go beyond certain value known as limiting friction. If the applied force is greater than limiting friction then slipping starts.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 7th Oct, 2019, 03:05: PM
- what is frictional force
- You have to shift a heavy box in the store room.Which method you will use to reduce your effort and why?
- Q. Will force or friction come into play when a rain drop rolls down a glass window plane?
- why does rolling friction create lesser friction compared to the force created while sliding or dragging?
- how static friction is dieefernt than sliding friction?
- 1.Explain four method by which friction between two solids surface in contact can be reduced.
- Why is it difficult to light a matchstick by striking it on a smooth surface?
- Is friction a self adjusting force?
- Name two common lubricants.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number