how static friction is dieefernt than sliding friction?
Asked by pandeyharsh565 | 4th Apr, 2019, 08:33: PM
Static friction - The friction which opposes the motion of an object is called static friction. Due to this force, the body remains stationary(at rest).
Sliding friction- The force of friction between the two surfaces in contact when one of them just slides over the other body is called static friction. It is also called kinetic friction.
Also, the force required to keep a body in motion is less than the force required to start motion. Hence, static friction is greater than sliding friction.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 5th Apr, 2019, 11:27: AM
- what is frictional force
- You have to shift a heavy box in the store room.Which method you will use to reduce your effort and why?
- How static friction work ?
- Q. Will force or friction come into play when a rain drop rolls down a glass window plane?
- why does rolling friction create lesser friction compared to the force created while sliding or dragging?
- 1.Explain four method by which friction between two solids surface in contact can be reduced.
- Why is it difficult to light a matchstick by striking it on a smooth surface?
- Is friction a self adjusting force?
- Name two common lubricants.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number