why does a tuning fork have 2 prongs?
Asked by rajarambhoote | 5th Dec, 2017, 09:12: PM
The two prongs of tuning fork oscillate in in out phase mode like coming towards each other and going away from each other.
In this way, the oscillations are not lost to the hand by which we hold it. That is it reduces the damping.
Answered by Gajendra | 7th Dec, 2017, 03:42: PM
- what is a sound wave
- 1. Why are sound waves called mechanical waves?
- A source of wave produce 40 created 20 throughs in 0.45 seconds what is the frequency of the wave??
- what is rare fraction?
- propagation of disturbance in air metal strip example
- i am not able to do numericals
- A source of wave produces 40 crests and 40 troughs in 0.4 s.What is the frequency of the wave?
- The heart of a man beats 75 times a minute .What is it's (a) frequency and (b) time period?
- The time period of a simple pendulum is 2s.Find it's frequency.
- By giving 2 examples, show that sound is produced by vibration.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number