Why are the animals which belong to phylum Platyhelminthes called flatworms?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 31st May, 2016, 06:00: AM
The animals of phylum Platyhelminthes have their bodies dorsoventrally flattened. Because they appear flat, they are called flatworms.
Answered by | 31st May, 2016, 08:00: AM
- Explain about ascaris lumbriocides?
- Name the phyla which show body segmentation??
- why is planaria a type of sporozoan? Which is its spore stage
- What are parapodia? State their function.
- Write any two examples of phylum Platyhelminthes.
- Why is Ascaris also called roundworm?
- Name the flatworm which has high regeneration capacity.
- How is the phylum Annelida named?
- Write characteristic features of phylum Platyhelminthes.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number