Which part of the ear contains the actual hearing organ?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 20th May, 2015, 01:57: PM
The cochlea is a coiled tube, which has an oval window only one-sixteenth the area of the eardrum to receive vibrations and contains the actual organ of hearing.
Answered by | 20th May, 2015, 03:57: PM
- Can blackbox pings signal travel 3000kms? Can it be reflected on metal surface?
- Sound creates vibrations in our ear. We listen sound and understand it. But after this in which form of energy does it gets converted into?
- Why do animals like dogs etc get uneasy before earthquakes?
- How does a hearing aid work?
- How is ultrasound used in various industries?
- What causes temporary deafness in high altitude flying aircrafts?
- Draw labelled diagram of auditory parts of human ear and explain how the human ear works.
- (a) What are ultrasounds? Explain the use of ultrasounds in detecting defects in a metal block. (b) Explain how bats use ultrasounds to catch a prey? (c) Explain how moths of certain families are able to escape capture from a bat?
- (a) What does SONAR stand for? Explain its working stating one practical application. (b) A ship sends out ultrasound that returns from the seabed and is detected after 4s. If the speed of ultrasound through sea water is 1550 m/s, find the distance of the seabed from the ship.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number