Can blackbox pings signal travel 3000kms?
Can it be reflected on metal surface?
Asked by dwarakanathan.s | 19th Apr, 2020, 07:02: AM
Flight recorders are also known as black box. Black box are designed in such a way that their signals can be detected at the range of 1.8 km.
Also, black boxes emits an ultrasonic 'ping'. We know, that ultrasonic waves can be reflected by metal surfaces.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 19th Apr, 2020, 04:13: PM
- Sound creates vibrations in our ear. We listen sound and understand it. But after this in which form of energy does it gets converted into?
- Why do animals like dogs etc get uneasy before earthquakes?
- How does a hearing aid work?
- How is ultrasound used in various industries?
- Which part of the ear contains the actual hearing organ?
- What causes temporary deafness in high altitude flying aircrafts?
- Draw labelled diagram of auditory parts of human ear and explain how the human ear works.
- (a) What are ultrasounds? Explain the use of ultrasounds in detecting defects in a metal block. (b) Explain how bats use ultrasounds to catch a prey? (c) Explain how moths of certain families are able to escape capture from a bat?
- (a) What does SONAR stand for? Explain its working stating one practical application. (b) A ship sends out ultrasound that returns from the seabed and is detected after 4s. If the speed of ultrasound through sea water is 1550 m/s, find the distance of the seabed from the ship.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number