what is soda lime?
Asked by | 24th Feb, 2008, 09:59: PM
Soda lime is 75% calcium hydroxide and 3 to 5 % sodium and potassium hydroxide in water.
Answered by | 8th Dec, 2017, 05:59: PM
- What is the colour of ferrous sulphate
- A solution of substance 'x' is used for white washing. Name the substance 'x' and write it's formula? Write the equation of substance 'x' named in above with water?
- In early times, quick lime was used for white-wash. Nowadays, use of paint has become very common. Do you think it is better in all respects or you think it is not?
- A white powder is added while baking breads and cakes to make them soft and fluffy. What is the name of the powder? What are the main ingredients in it? What are the functions of each ingredient?
- How is plaster of paris prepared? Give the chemical equation.
- Full form of YAS in inorganic chemistry
- Explain how antacid works.
- A metal carbonate X on treatment with a mineral acid liberates a gas which when passed through aqueous solution of a substance Y gives back X. The substance Y on reaction with the gas obtained at anode during electrolysis of brine gives a compound Z which can decolorise coloured fabrics. Name the compounds X,Y and Z ?
- (i) A student takes 2 ml of distilled water in four test tubes marked I, II, III and IV, and then adds sodium chloride solution to test tube I, calcium chloride solution to test tube II, hydrochloric acid to test tube III and magnesium chloride solution to test tube IV.  In which test tube/s will lather be formed with synthetic detergent? Justify.
- What happen when na2co3.10h2o is recrystallised
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number