What is retardation?
Asked by Naman | 22nd Sep, 2014, 08:36: PM
Retardation means negative acceleration. The velocity of a body may increase or decrease .Acceleration takes place when the velocity of a body changes. So when the velocity of a body increase, the acceleration is said to be positive and when the velocity of a body decrease, the acceleration is said to be negative(Retardation).A body is said to be retarded if its velocity is decreasing.
Eg: a train is said to be retarded when it slows down on reaching a station,i.e. the velocity decreases.Retardation is acceleration with negative sign. Or negative value of acceleration shows that the velocity of a body is decreasing.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 23rd Sep, 2014, 08:34: AM
- 1. Define non-uniform acceleration with an example.
- please repeat what is an acceleration,unit and uniform and nonuniform acceleration
- What is the difference between VELOCITY & ACCELARATION
- what is accelaration
- A train starting from a railway station and moving with uniform acceleration attains a speed of 40 km/h in 10 minutes. What is its acceleration
- what is acceleration
- how I find acceleration
- PHYSICS||KINENATICS||. que no.81
- Give five example of uniform acceleration and non uniform acceleration.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number