What is Py + Py bond
Asked by utkarshnikam85.tl | 6th Apr, 2020, 12:13: PM
An consist of s, p, d and f.
P orbital is divided into three orbital Px, Py and Pz.
When Pz orbital of an atom form bond with Pz orbital of another atom the bond formed is Pz-Pz bond which is also called as sigma bond.(z-axis is internuclear axis)
And when Py orbital of an atom form bond with Py orbital of another atom the bond formed is Py-Py bond. This bond is formed by lateral overlapping hence it is a pi-bond.(y-axis is perpendicular to y-axis)
Answered by Ramandeep | 6th Apr, 2020, 05:20: PM
- Structure of Xef2
- formal charge on O3
- chemical bonding
- Bonding for carbon tetrachloride
- What is hybridization
- why electron free in copper wire
- Calculate the number of sigma bonds and pi bonds in 2-propyl pent -1-ene?
- What are the limitations of Octet rule.
- According to VSEPR principle in which molecule is the highest bond distortion observed ? a) NH3 b) H2O c) O3 d) SO2
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number