What is meant by epiphytic root
Asked by 1111sanketmondhe | 7th Mar, 2019, 03:04: PM
Epiphytic roots are the roots that grow on the surface of a plant and derives its moisture and nutrients from the abiotic factors or from debris accumulating around it.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 8th Mar, 2019, 09:40: AM
- Explain symbiotic biological nitrogen fixation . Mention the two biochemical component with their role in biological nitrogen fixation?
- Name the first phase of uptake of ions in the outer space of cells.
- What is the name given to the movement of ions?
- State the reason due to which the minerals become available to the roots of plants.
- Name any one bacterium which oxidises ammonia to nitrite.
- State the role of Nitrobacter in nitrogen fixation.
- Name the bacterium which can produce nodules on non-leguminous Alnus.
- Name the compound which when reacts with ammonia forms glutamic aid.
- Name the two amides found in plants.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number