What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question
Plz help me with this question
Asked by anuragsinhaanu329 | 18th May, 2020, 01:41: PM
Force is a push or a pull on an object.
It changes or tends to change the state of rest or the state of motion of an object by a push or pull.
It cannot be seen,but its effect can be seen or felt. It is caused by an interaction.
An interaction of one object with another object produces a force between the two objects.
The forces acting on an object in the same direction add to each other.
If the forces acting on an object are in opposite directions, then the net force acting on it is the difference between the two forces.
The SI unit of force is Newton (N).
A force can change the state of motion, speed, direction of an object.
A force can change the shape and size of the object.
Pressure is the force acting on per unit area in the direction perpendicular to the surface of an object.
It is also defined as the thrust acting per unit area.
It is given as,
Liquids and gasesexert pressure on the walls of the vessel.
Air exerts pressure on all the objects and it is called the atmospheric pressure.
A liquid exerts pressure on the base of the container (vessel) and on all the bodies immersed in them due to its weight.
Liquid pressure= Weight density × Depth
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 18th May, 2020, 04:17: PM
- How does liquid pressure depends upon accelerating due to gravity?
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
- Q3. long answer. Explain the factors affecting the pressure exerted by a solid.
- Q3. how dams resist the pressure of water?
- Q2. why do ink pens only work when we apply pressure?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number