Calculate the pressure exerted by cubical block placed over the surface. M = 50 kg, Side Length = 5 cm
Asked by palaktapadiya08.8spicertl | 4th Aug, 2020, 04:21: PM
Pressure, P =?
M = 50 kg
F = mass x acceleration
F = 50 x acceleration due to gravity = 50 kg x 9.8 m/s2 = 490 N
side of cube is given = 5 cm = 5 x 10-2 m
Area of the face of cube on which the force is applied is A = (5 x 10-2)2m2 = 25 x 10-4 m2
Pressure = Force/ Area = 490 N/ 25 x 10-4 m2 = 196000 N/m2 = 196000 Pa
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 4th Aug, 2020, 11:31: PM
- what is the SI unit of atmospheric pressure ?
- Why does a ship made up of a metal heavier than water floats give reason
- What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question Plz help me with this question
- How does liquid pressure depends upon accelerating due to gravity?
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number