How does liquid pressure depends upon
accelerating due to gravity?
Asked by Chakrabortytripti50 | 2nd May, 2020, 09:45: AM
A liquid exerts pressure on the base of the container (vessel) and on all the bodies immersed in them due to its weight.
Liquid pressure= Weight density × Depth
P = ρgh
P - pressure
g - acceleration due to gravity
ρ - density of liquid
h - depth of liquid column
Pressure of liquid is directly proportional to acceleration due to gravity.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 2nd May, 2020, 01:53: PM
- what is the SI unit of atmospheric pressure ?
- Why does a ship made up of a metal heavier than water floats give reason
- Calculate the pressure exerted by cubical block placed over the surface. M = 50 kg, Side Length = 5 cm
- What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question Plz help me with this question
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number