What is an electromagnetic wave?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The electric and magnetic fields varying in space and time sinusoidally and propagating through space such that the two fields are perpendicular to each other and perpendicular to the direction of propagation constitute an electromagnetic wave.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- pls explain
- Why light can travel in vacuum where as sound can not do so
- What is polarisation
- how are frequency and intencity of electromagnetic wave related?
- State the properties of Electromagnetic Waves.
- Which scientist a. Predicted the presence of electromagnetic waves b. Experimentally demonstrated the existence of electromagnetic waves
- Calculate the time period of visible light for which the human eye is most sensitive.
- Explain the Hertz experiment to generate the electromagnetic wave.
- Suppose a plane electromagnetic wave is travelling in x direction. What is a. The direction of the electric and magnetic field vectors b. The ratio of magnitudes
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number