Using de Boglie's hypothesis, explain with the help of a suitable diagram, Bohr's second postulate of quantisation of energy levels in a hydrogen atom.
Asked by rohitraman1115 | 14th Jan, 2019, 12:02: PM
De broglie assumed that electrons move in circular orbit with it mean position of vibration at periphery of assumed orbit. So assuming electron move like wave up down on a circular orbit we can say total periphery of that circular orbit will be equal to integral times of wavelength of vibration that is n×λ
Eqauting this we get n×λ = 2πr , where r is the radius of desire orbit
So λ= 2πr/n
Again as we know λ = h/p , where p is liner momentum ()
From these two equation we can get the value of radius
And once value of radius is known we can find the energy of the orbit with desire radius from cuolombs law of electrostatic.
For diagram please refer NCERT book.
Answered by Ankit K | 14th Jan, 2019, 10:31: PM
- Why emission spectra are seen in only those gases which have low density or low number of collisions?
- How to obtain bright fringes by young double slit experiment. ??
- What is the radius of an electron?
- THE VALUE OF GROUND STATE ENERGY OF HYDROGEN ATOM IS -13.6eV WHAT DOES THE NEGATIVE SIGN SIGNIFY AND HOW MUCH ENERGY IS REQUIRED TO TAKE AN ELECTRON IN THIS ATOM FROM GROUND STATE TO THE FIRST EXCITED STATE ?
- What is the order of velocity of an electron in H atom in ground state ?
- What is the order of velocity of an electron in a H-atom in ground state?
- The ground state energy of hydrogen atom is -13.6eV. What are the kinetic and potential energies of the electron in this state?
- the maxmium wavelength of hydrogen spectral line of paschen series is
- What is Bohr's quantization condition for the angular momentum of an electron in the second orbit?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number