the question which i had asked regarding a ray of light incident perpendicularly from top of an object , is there in the cbse sample qp of 2021 but the answer given there is centre of curvature but the answer given by topperlearning is Focus, can you pls recheck
Asked by Trisha Gupta | 20th Nov, 2021, 03:30: PM
From geometry , it is known that a line perpendicular to curved surface passes through centre of curvature C .
Also a light ray incident normally on a reflective surface will be reflected back along the same normal direction.
Hence if a light ray is drawn from object and that is perpendicular to concave mirror curvature , then reflected ray
will pass through centre of curvature as shown in figure .
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 21st Nov, 2021, 10:33: AM
- what is the correct answer with explanation
- The image formed by a concave mirror is observed to be virtual, erect and larger than the object. where should be the position of the object?
- Mam what is the paraxial rays?
- if an image formed an a concave mirror is real and enlarged its magnification will be
- explain why a ray of light passing through the centre of curvature of a concave mirror gets reflected along the same path ?
- An object of size 5 cm is placed at a distance of 20cm in front of concave mirror of radius of curvature 30cm. a) Find the position of the image, its nature and size. b) Draw the corresponding ray diagram.
- distinguish between real image and virtual image
- write the rules for the formation of image by spherical mirrors
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number