The output of an unregulated d.c power is to be regulated. Name the device that can be used for this purpose and draw the relevant circuit diagram.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
A Zener diode is used as a voltage regulator. The circuit arrangement consists of RS a suitable resistance joined in series of input unregulated voltage Vi so as to control current flowing through Zener with in a safe limit. RL is a load resistor across which regulated output voltage VZ is obtained.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Question 👇
- Three photodiodes D1, D2 and D3 are made of semiconductors having band gaps of 2.5 eV, 2 eV and 3 eV respectively. which of them will not able to detect light of wavelength 600 NM
- Please draw V-I characteristics of LED.
- Half wave rectifier
- why photodiode should be connected in reverse bias and not in forward bias?
- What is a zener diode? why is it also known as breakdown diode.Name one application of Zener diode.
- Name two materials used in constructing solar cell.Give 2 uses of solar cell?
- Distinguish between photo current and dark current.
- What is the most common use of photodiode?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number