Distinguish between photo current and dark current.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 19th Jun, 2014, 02:11: PM
When light of certain frequency reaches the p-n junction and if the energy of the photon is greater than the gap energy, the photon entering the junction breaks the covalent bond and produce electron -hole pair.The resulting current is called the photo current.
When there is no light the reverse saturation current flowing is called dark current.
Answered by | 19th Jun, 2014, 04:11: PM
- Question 👇
- Three photodiodes D1, D2 and D3 are made of semiconductors having band gaps of 2.5 eV, 2 eV and 3 eV respectively. which of them will not able to detect light of wavelength 600 NM
- Please draw V-I characteristics of LED.
- Half wave rectifier
- why photodiode should be connected in reverse bias and not in forward bias?
- What is a zener diode? why is it also known as breakdown diode.Name one application of Zener diode.
- Name two materials used in constructing solar cell.Give 2 uses of solar cell?
- What is the most common use of photodiode?
- The output of an unregulated d.c power is to be regulated. Name the device that can be used for this purpose and draw the relevant circuit diagram.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number