Suggest an indirect method of measuring the height of a tree on a sunny day.Explain the process.
Asked by Yuvasri Yuvaraj | 22nd Jul, 2016, 06:11: PM
Requirements for the method: A measuring tape, a sunny day
One can follow the following method:
1) Measure your height with the tape.
2) Go out in a garden and stand straight. You might see your shadow. Measure the length of the shadow.
3) Measure the length of the shadow formed by the tree.
So, now you have three measurements with you, viz. Your height, length of your shadow and length of tree's shadow.
With these you will get the height as:
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 25th Jul, 2016, 09:38: AM
- f r of a wire is increased by 50 and potential difference decreased by 50% then find the percentage change in current
- define error
- The percentage errors in the measurement of mass and speed are 2% and 3% respectively. How much will be the maximum error in the estimate of kinetic energy obtained by measuring mass and speed?
- give classification of unit with example
- the error in the measurement of the side of a rectangle is 1% the error in the measurement of its area is
- star A is farther than star B. which star will have a large parallax angle
- How can we estimate the error in the combination of quanties
- find the percentage error in kinetic energy of a body having mass 60.0 plus minus 0.3 gram moving with a velocity 25.0 plus minus 0.1 CM
- how to mesurement leghnth
- There are 20 divisions in 4 cm of main scale. The vernier scale has 10 divisions. The least count of the instrument is?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number