Solve the system of inequations graphically
x y, y + x 5, x, y 0
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Apr, 2014, 11:19: AM
We draw the graphs of the linear equations x = y and x + y = 5 in the same plane.For shading the region for x y, we take a point, say (2, 0) substitute it in the inequality
x y i.e. 2 0.
Clearly the inequality is satisfied hence the region B will be shaded for x y. Thus, the region shaded in red colour will represent the inequality x y.
Similarly we can see that region coloured in green represents the inequality
x + y 5.
Also x 0, y 0 means that we are in the first quadrant.
So the doubly shaded region in the shape of a triangle is the required region.
Answered by | 30th Apr, 2014, 01:19: PM
- Show that the solution set of the system of inequalities is an unbounded set. y - 3x 3, 2y + 3x - 6
- Find the vertices of the figure enclosing the region represented by the following system of inequalities. 7x + 10y 70 3x + y 18 x 0, y 1.
- Solve the system of inequalities graphically x ≤ -2, y ≥ 2
- Show that the solution set is empty for the system of inequalities 2x + y ≥ 4 and 2x + y < -6
- Solve the system of inequalities graphically
- Find the quadrant in which the region is to be shaded for the system of equations
- Find the area enclosed by the system of inequalities
- Show that the solution set is empty for the system of inequations: 2x-1, 4x-2y-90
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number