Find the vertices of the figure enclosing the region represented by the following system of inequalities.
7x + 10y 70
3x + y 18
x 0, y 1.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Apr, 2014, 12:38: PM
We first draw the graphs of the linear equations 7x + 10y = 70,
3x + y = 18 and y = 1.
The region which represents the inequality 7x + 10y 70 is containing the origin.
The region which represents the inequality 3x + y 18 is also containing the origin.
The region which represents the inequality y 1 is the region away from origin i.e on the right side of line y = 1 and of course x 0 is the region on the right side of y axis.
Hence the common region is given by ABCD and the vertices are A (0, 1), B(0, 7) C, D
Answered by | 30th Apr, 2014, 02:38: PM
- Solve the system of inequations graphically x y, y + x 5, x, y 0
- Show that the solution set of the system of inequalities is an unbounded set. y - 3x 3, 2y + 3x - 6
- Solve the system of inequalities graphically x ≤ -2, y ≥ 2
- Show that the solution set is empty for the system of inequalities 2x + y ≥ 4 and 2x + y < -6
- Solve the system of inequalities graphically
- Find the quadrant in which the region is to be shaded for the system of equations
- Find the area enclosed by the system of inequalities
- Show that the solution set is empty for the system of inequations: 2x-1, 4x-2y-90
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number