School hostel has enough food for 800 students for 80 days. after 5 days 50 students left the hostel. How much longer the food will last?
Asked by nitisandhu9 | 10th Dec, 2019, 04:07: PM
Number of total students = 800 and
After 5 days 50 students left the hostel, so remaining number of students = 750
According to the condition,
800 × 75 = x × 750
x = 80
Therefore, the food will last for 80 days.
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 10th Dec, 2019, 06:43: PM
- 15 books for each 30 price increases cost increase 45 how many books can she buy how much money left
- If s is inversly proportional to t, jow does s change when t is tripled
- alone can finish a piece of work in 15 days and B alone can finish the same work in 10 days how much time will they take if they work together
- 40 boys earn Rs 2000 in 20 days, how much will 50 boys earn in 24 days?
- Define inverse variation and give an example.
- 8 persons can complete a certain job in 12 days. How many days will it take if 24 persons do the same job?
- Quantities x and y vary inversely and when x = 15, y = 6. Which of the following is not a possible pair of corresponding values of x and y. (i) 10 and 9 (ii) 18 and 6 (iii) 5 and 18
- In the following table, the two quantities x and y vary inversely. Find the missing numbers. x 14 42 b y 12 a 28
- Shruti cycles to her school at an average speed of 18 km/h. It takes her 30 minutes to reach her school. If she wants to reach her school in 20 minutes, what should be her average speed?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number