Q1. Why do we sink when we step on one leg in sand?
Asked by Chandrashekhar | 24th Sep, 2018, 07:52: PM
We know that pressure is directly proportional to force and inversely proportional to pressure. Pressure of a person is more when he stands on one leg as the area covered by one leg is less. Thus, force applied on the sand is more while standing on one leg. Hence, the person sinks more while standing on one leg than while standing on both legs.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 26th Sep, 2018, 11:47: AM
- what is the SI unit of atmospheric pressure ?
- Why does a ship made up of a metal heavier than water floats give reason
- Calculate the pressure exerted by cubical block placed over the surface. M = 50 kg, Side Length = 5 cm
- What is force and pressure write a brief note on this question Plz help me with this question
- How does liquid pressure depends upon accelerating due to gravity?
- partial pressure
- numericals on force and pressure
- What is pressure
- Q11. long answer. Find the magnitude of pressure in Pascal of a force of 150N that acts normally on an area of 0.25 square meters.
- Q5. long answer. explain the factors on which the pressure exerted by a liquid depends.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number